Setting up nOps (Automated Setup)
Setting up the AWS account in nOps is really simple. You just have to enter the project name you want to use for nOps and a valid AWS S3 bucket name in the nops and then go to AWS console to setup the project in 1 click. The account which you will use to login must have the below mentioned permissions to setup the account properly.
A. In AWS Account:
- First step is to make sure that AWS Cloudtrail service is enabled. Make sure the logging has started. Default settings are fine.
- Make sure your billing setting in AWS console looks like the following screenshot. Please check your billing bucket in a day or two to make sure the billing files are present.
B. Following are the minimum set of permissions AWS user need to successfully setup the aws project
- Permissions management
Steps to setup project in nOps:
Or check the steps below:
- Login into nOps.io
- If logged in for the first time in nOps, then on "Welcome to nOps" popup click on "Add AWS Account" button. Otherwise, go to "Settings → Project Setting" from top right user avatar dropdown.
- Once you click on "Project Settings" option it will open "AWS Projects" popup.
- In “AWS Projects” popup, click on “Add new nOps Project”.
- Select "nOps Wizard Setup" method from the method selection popup.
- It will open "Add nOps Project" popup with a simple form. Enter the "Project Name" (Name for your AWS workload in nOps) and "Bucket Name" (AWS S3 System bucket which will be used for system logs and billing data.)
Note: Make sure you enter correct & valid AWS S3 billing bucket otherwise you will not get the required view of data.
- Click on “Setup” button and you will be redirected to AWS console login page to complete the setup.
- On AWS console user will be asked to log in using user credentials which have rights defined as per prerequisite section.
- Once logged-in user will be redirected to “Create Stack” screen. All the fields on this page will be pre populated.
- Mark the checkbox for “I acknowledge that AWS CloudFormation might create IAM resources” and click on “Create” button.
- If you have all required permission as mentioned at the top in prerequisites section then it will start creating the stack with status “CREATE_IN_PROGRESS”. Once the stack is created then “Status” will be “CREATE_COMPLETE”. You can click browser refresh button to check progress. Normally it takes 1 to 2 min to complete the process.
- If you don't have proper permissions then it will show errors like in this screenshot below and stack will not be created. You can assign the necessary permissions and rerun the setup.
- Log in to https://www.nops.io after nOps integration (stack) create process completes.
Note: It'll take a couple of hours when you start seeing different dashboards and compliances within nOps. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at +1 866-673-9330.