Copilot Commitment Management Configuration
To walk through configuring Commitment Management, please contact your nOps Sales representative.
If you’re prefer to do configuration on your own, please follow the steps outlined below.
- Access to the management account of the Organization
- Ability to create and access a new email account or address
Create an email address
In order to enroll in Risk-Free Commitment Management, you will need to create one email address for this purpose under the company domain, such as firstname.lastname@example.org. If your email service uses aliasing, that will work too. We recommend email@example.com in that situation.
Follow your internal process to get access to your nops-sharesave@ email account.
Add A new AWS account to the AWS Organization
Login to your AWS management/payer account and follow the steps.
- Navigate to AWS Orgnaization page.
- Click on Add an AWS account
- Add account information (we recommend ShareSave for the name) using the new email address and click Create AWS account
Configure the Payer roles
While the account creation processes, run the following Cloudformation stack
You will need to enter 2 variables.
By now, you should receive confirmation the new account has been created.
Create a Password for the new AWS account
- Open aws.amazon.com
- Log in as a root user email
- Enter your firstname.lastname@example.org email
- Click Next
- Click the Forgot password? link
- Reset your password
Configure the new linked account
Now that you’re logged into the linked account, run the following Cloudformation stack
When this has completed and the stacks have run successfully, please contact nOps with the following information:
- Payer account number
- ShareSave linked account number
- ShareSave bucket name
To learn about ShareSave - nSwitch Resource Scheduler and its configuration, see Utilize nOps nSwitch Resource Scheduler with EventBridge Integration to Reduce Costs Automatically.
|Compute Copilot For ASG Support Matrix|
|Onboarding your Autoscaling Groups to nOps Compute Copilot|
|Onboarding your Autoscaling Groups to nOps Compute Copilot via Stackset|
|Onboarding your EKS clusters to Compute Copilot for EKS|